Wednesday 7 March 2012

WORK IN PROGRESS - Charmology Head

Grinding of the tash

Opened the kiln today to reveal a well glossy and ultra thickly glazed Charmology Head! Oops! Was thinking to myself as I glazed it that maybe the glaze was a bit thick!! Well it was! The glazed has pooled really thickly in some areas creating loss of definition and cloudy opaque patches! It’s worst on the tash and a tooth, am busy grinding the glaze off these areas and will paint on an on-glaze enamel instead… won’t be as ultra glossy as the rest of the head but I think it should work well as there were a couple of the charms I didn’t put any glaze on as I thought they would look more authentic without. The head’s a wee bit more pink than I had expected it to be too, quite like this however, it adds to the psychedelic feeling of the piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment