Thursday 15 March 2012

WORK IN PROGRESS - Charmology Head

Decals fired on

Tashtastic



WORK IN PROGRESS - Have transformed the tash! Also received the decals from FotoCeramic yesterday, have applied them to the head and it's back in the kiln...

...The ceramic decals firing done... Clarke's handwritten labels and the Charmology text have transformed the head. Thought of declaring the piece finished at this point - time to draw the line. Drawing the line was exactly what I should do... many lines, in Gold Lustre, Of course!Put the head back in the kiln this morning, not something I would recommend to the faint hearted! I don’t have vast experience of applying lustre’s and now when I try to recall some of my previous attempts I seem to remember that they ran. So fingers crossed I’m not going to open the kiln tomorrow to runny gold lustre lines on the day I deliver the work to the Gallery!! I think I must secretly enjoy the pressure, I could have erred on the side of caution but I thought the gold lustre would add to the glorious over the topness of the piece, and also add to my trepidation it would seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment