Wednesday 28 January 2015

PORTFOLIO - Day 4, Artists Challenge

Day 4 of the 5 day challenge: Image 1 is a work called sightseeing, it's a fun sculptural piece which has come about from pottering around in the studio, it's potclays crank which comes out a lovely soft pink when fired to very low temperatures, the figures are small scale plastic models used in architectural displays.

Karen Thompson - Sightseeing (ceramic & plastic).
 
Image 2 is of my Curious Curiosities Tiger Jars, these are a further response to the Death of Munrow, making a Staffordshire style storage jar for all of one's strange little curios that one collects... or is that just me! 


Karen Thompson - Curious Curiosities (ceramic).

Image 3 is a selection of pots, this is the beginnings of an ongoing exploration into surface design, these pots are from different time periods. This is an area which I keep dipping in and out of and hope to focus on a little more in depth in the future.

Karen Thompson - Selection of Pots (ceramic).

More of my ceramic works can be seen by clicking onto the link over to my ceramics page on my website: http://www.karent.co.uk/Ceramics.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment